Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: coins for historic dolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When AG dolls first came out, I remember Samantha's purse came with a real penny in it. And Molly's purse had a real steel penny. At some point, the real coins were discontinued and reproduction coins were used. Anyone know what year the real coins were no longer used in the doll purses?

    Also, does anyone know of a source for little metal coins that are AG doll size? I've looked everywhere for suitable coins and can't find any. I figured surely the bead industry would make some type of miniature coins for jewelry making but haven't found any. I'm considering giving up on finding some and making my own coins out of sculpey clay painted gold or maybe some kind of craft metal.

    Julia

  2. #2
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.kkfordolls.com has some pennies like Sam's. The REAL coins came with historic information too.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bet you could call and order a replacment part for the coins.
    Tracy

  4. #4
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the real coins became reproductions in 1994


    meg

  5. #5
    Inactive Member southern_belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember once someone posted a link to an accessories site and that site sold little coins, but they weren't historical. They were just regular coins like we have today. I make jewelry so I've seen a lot of beads in my day, but the only coins I've ever come across were either "life size" or extremely small (think mini-doll size)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BETSYSLITTLESTAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2002
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Darn, they started making the coins reproductions right before I began collecting.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kit_Girl:
    I bet you could call and order a replacment part for the coins.
    Tracy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can but they come in a plastic ziplock bag with no historical information whatsoever! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This isn't the same thing, but you can just buy real coins and use them for the dolls.

    When I was younger, my mother wouldn't let me get the Accessories for the dolls (I have absolutely NO IDEA why unless she thought the small pieces would get lost or something) and so I went to a local coin shop and just bought an '04 Indianhead penny and a '43 steel penny. They were pretty cheap, less than $1 each. Of course, this was probably 13 years ago, but I bet they aren't much more than that now.

    If anyone doesn't want the reproduction coins I would suggest that route.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been trying forever to get a real steel penny for my collection haven't found one yet. A place called Kathy's Kreations has both (copy doll size) Indian head Pennies five for $1.85 and Buffalo Nickels (for Kit)$1.85 they also have a modern day set consiting of one dime one nickel and three pennies. $1.85. web sight www.kkforddolls.com/ phone # (707)877-3558

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •